You wake up late on a Monday morning and remember that you have an important meeting to attend. You have to look sharp but you don't have enough time to both take a shower and a get a clean shave. This is just one of a thousand scenarios where having an electric razor could really become your deus ex machina! In the following article, we look at some of the best electric razors available.
- 1 Product FAQ
- 2 How We Reviewed
- 3 Overall Price Range of This Product (and Similar Products)
- 4 What We Reviewed
- 5 Comparison Table
- 5.1 Braun Electric Shaver, Series 7 790cc Men's Electric Foil Shaver/Electric Razor
- 5.2 Philips Norelco Shaver 4500
- 5.3 Hatteker Mens Electric Shaver Razor Beard Trimmer
- 5.4 SweetLF 3D Rechargeable Waterproof IPX7 Electric Shaver
- 5.5 Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor for Men
- 5.6 Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 5100 Wet & Dry
- 5.7 Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 5500 Wet & Dry
- 5.8 Wahl LifeProof Foil Shavers for Men
- 5.9 Paladou Professional Electric Razor Rotary Shavers For Men
- 5.10 Flashmen Professional Rechargeable Electric Beard Hair Shaver
- 6 The Verdict - Which Is The Best Electric Razor?
1. What is an Electric Razor?
It is an electric machine that uses either a rotating or an oscillating blade to cut or trim hair, mostly located in the facial area.
2. What Does an Electric Razor Do?
Depending on its type, an electric razor may be able to trim or completely cut facial hair to provide a clean, polished look.
3. How Does an Electric Razor Work?
They are provided with electricity either via a DC motor or batteries (usually AAs). When powered on, electricity flows to the motor which launches the movement loop of the blades.
4. Where Can You Buy One?
You won't find a better selection of items anywhere other than Amazon. This is why all of our links will redirect you to the corresponding Amazon page where you can check them out and purchase them.
How We Reviewed
Every man has a slightly different skin composition, so every user has a unique experience using an electric razor. Our list is comprised of the top 10 best electric razors, tested by both us and other users. We noted all the pros and cons of each in order to provide you with a sincere, quick review so you can select the one that suits you the most.
Overall Price Range of This Product (and Similar Products)
The cheapest item on our list costs around $20, while the most expensive sells for around $200. This doesn't necessarily mean that the best electric razor is the pricier one, but the fact that you will get more out of your purchase with more money is true. This may include noticeable differences regarding materials, functions, accessories/attachments, etc.
What We Reviewed
Braun Electric Shaver, Series 7 790cc Men's Electric Foil Shaver/Electric Razor
Philips Norelco Shaver 4500
Hatteker Mens Electric Shaver Razor Beard Trimmer Rotary Shaver
SweetLF 3D Rechargeable 100% Waterproof IPX7 Electric Shaver
Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor for Men
Philips Norelco Beard and Hair Trimmer BT5210/42
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 5500 Wet & Dry
Wahl LifeProof Foil Shavers for Men, Electric Razors
Paladou Professional Electric Razor Rotary Shavers For Men
Flashmen Professional Rechargeable Electric Beard Hair Shaver
- Intelligent Sonic technology automatically increases power while shaving in difficult areas and on...
- The Series 7 electric razor comes with an ActiveLift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs in...
- OptiFoil cuts hair as short as 0.05mm for perfect closeness; Fully charged in 1 hour
Braun's Series 7 is undoubtedly one of the best electric razors the company has released, but the 790cc is the epitome of fine craftsmanship. Starting with the design, the 790cc features three cutting elements placed alongside a skin guard which, according to Braun, "work together to capture in one stroke what others do in two." The head has the capability of moving in eight different directions thanks to its flexibility which helps in shaving hard-to-reach areas. This is very important if you consider how much the majority of men struggle to get those hairs close to the nose and the chin.
Combine these features with 10,000 micro-vibrations and five modes (including Turbo and Sensitive functions) and you get what many men claim to be the best electric razor available. Furthermore, the device can be used even while showering as it is 100% waterproof up to a depth of five meters. Last but not least, the alcohol-based charging station will simultaneously clean, lubricate and charge your 790cc, which has a battery that lasts for 50 minutes.
This product can be found on Amazon for around $200.
The product comes with a 2-year warranty which covers everything except for the foil and the cutter cassette.
- DualPrecision heads are designed with slots and holes to quickly and comfortably shave both long and...
- A great gift, the shaver's Aquatec Technology allows you to shave wet with gel or foam for extra...
- For best results, replace shaving head every 12 months with SH50/52 replacement head
According to the numbers, the Norelco Shaver 4500 is considered the best electric shaver sold on Amazon in the category of men's rotary shavers. The featured flex, pivot and float systems (four directions) achieve the best results as they keep the heads close to the skin. The DualPrecision technology is just what you need to get rid of both long and short hairs. The Norelco is fully washable and waterproof, meaning you can use it with or without shaving gel/foam. In case you're worried about your sideburns or other "difficult" areas, rest assured that the pop-up trimmer will get them.
Another feature we could never leave out is the 4500's quick charge ability. Just with a 3-minute charge, you can get a full cordless shave. Otherwise, you need to charge it fully for 8 hours to get the extended shaving time of up to 50 minutes.
This product is available on Amazon for around $80.
The product comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee and a full 2-year warranty.
- 4-DIRECTION FLOATING ULTRA-ADVANCED SHAVING HEAD: The 3D rotary shaver head follows every contour of...
- POP-UP TRIMMER: Trim and detail your beard and sideburns for a clean-cut look to complete your...
- WATERPROOF/WET DRY SHAVE: Fully washable design for easy cleaning，allows you to shave wet with gel...
Even though it may not look like much at first sight, this could be the best electric razor at its price point. This razor is a 2-in-1 deal as the head can be swapped out for a sideburn trimmer. The main head consists of dual blades which will automatically adjust to fit your face's edges, especially the areas of the neck and the jaw. The razor can be used with a shaving cream as it is fully waterproof.
As for the battery, you'll always know how much juice you have left as the built-in LCD display mentions the battery percentage. It features quick charging using the provided cable. The package comes with an assortment of extra pieces and a traveling bag.
This product is available on Amazon for around $35.
The product comes with a 1-year warranty.
- USB QUICK-CHARGING & LED DISPLAY- Enjoy up to about 120 minutes of shaving (or approximately 30 full...
- A SMOOTH AND CLOSE SHAVE - With 4-direction floating heads, the 3D rotary shaver automatically...
- POP-UP TRIMMER & ONE TOUCH OPEN - Skin-friendly and convenient pop-up beard trimmer easily trims...
Coming at the appealing price of only around $30, this may not be the best electric shaver, but you will get a decent device to shave with. The 3D features a 3-compartment head with a pop-up trimmer and a 4-direction shaving ability. As for extra features, this razor doesn't offer much more, but you get a 120- minute battery complemented by a 5-level battery indicator located on the lower part of the electric shaver. Moreover, it is IPX7-waterproof, and the motor is fairly quiet considering it is moderately powerful.
This product is available on Amazon for around $31.
The product comes with a 15-month warranty.
- Sharp Men's Shaver Blades: Panasonic ARC4 men's electric shaver with four ultra-sharp...
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built-in pop-up trimmer details mustaches, beards and...
- Flexible Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to...
If there was an award for the best electric razor regarding aesthetics, then the ARC4 would be the top nominee. This device features four ultra-sharp blades placed at a 30-degree angle to provide the best results while simultaneously reducing shaving time. The head moves in four directions, making it easier to reach the difficult areas. A pop-up trimmer is included, not to mention a beautiful LCD display which indicates the battery level, a cleaning reminder, a sonic vibration cleaning mode, and parts replacement prompts.
The Arc4 is a worthy contender for the title of best electric shaver as it is 100% waterproof and comes with a carrying bag as a free gift
This product is available on Amazon for around $98.
The product comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Dynamic Beard Guide System: Innovative lift and trim technology effectively lifts and guides hairs...
- Zoom wheel that automatically locks in to one of 17 built-in precision lengths settings from 1/64...
- Advanced lithium-ion battery delivers up to 70 minutes runtime after a 1 hour charge
Which is the best electric shaver out there? Well, for some people a trimmer could be the winner. Instead of having multiple blades, the Norelco features a single one on which you can attach multiple accessories including hair trimmers. The primary selling point for this device has to be the 17 length options you can select.
In addition, the Norelco features a fully washable body and a 70-minute-long battery life. The product comes with a cleaning brush and two hair shaving/trimming attachments.
This product is available on Amazon for around $50.
The product comes with a full 2-year warranty.
- Turbo-powered shave. Shave fast through dense parts of beard with 10% more power Compared to not...
- MultiPrecision Blade System - Blades raise then cut long and short hairs for a fast shave
- 5-direction Flex Heads flex in 5 directions for a fast close shave. Maximum power consumption is 9...
Norelco is considered by many to be the best electric razor series ever created. This model is packed with features such as 5-direction flex heads which shave with or without applying shaving cream. Combine this with the Smartclick precision trimmer, and you'll get a great clean shave.
The 5500's intuitive LED display rocks signals the need for charging, cleaning and the routine replacement of specific parts, as well as an assortment of other things. Last but not least, the battery charges fully in one hour, but you can get a full shave after charging it for five minutes.
This product is available on Amazon for around $120.
This product comes with a full 2-year warranty.
- Wahl Clipper is the #1 brand of beard trimmers and hair clippers*. The brand used by professionals...
- Wahl LifeProof Shave Rechargeable lithium ion wet / dry water proof foil shaver with shock resistant...
- High impact, shock resistant, dual foil rechargeable lithium ion waterproof shaver with popup...
When it comes to portability and resistance, the LifeProof is the best electric shaver. Regarding durability, this shaver can withstand water up to a depth of one meter and it's also shockproof. The head cuts facial hair excellently as always, but what about the item's other features? You get a pop-up trimmer and a sturdy non-slip grip, a big 90-minute battery life with the ability to quick-charge in five minutes for a fast shave. The LED charge light and the travel lock are nice extras to have.
This product is available on Amazon for around $45.
- The men's electric shaver, the best gift for boyfriend, Father and Give yourself a present.
- Men's Electric Razors with case bag, the Best choice for business travel. USB charging, easy to...
- Electric Shavers With a 3-second lock function, better protection of the razor and the safety of...
Probably the best electric shaver at its price point, the Paladou professional electric razor features a head with three compartments, each one consisting of sharp dual blades. You also get a pop-up sideburn trimmer and a carrying bag. You can charge the battery using a USB cable, and it will last for 75 minutes.
Moving on to the LED display, you get an assortment of indicators including the time left until running out of power and how long it has been running. It also features a travel lock, charging light and cleaning reminder. This shaver has an IPX7 waterproof rating, meaning it can be used with or without shaving cream/foam. In addition to the carrying bag, you'll also get a cleaning brush and a protective cap for the head of the shaver.
This product is available on Amazon for around $32.
Flashmen is a fairly new company that's not yet known to many people, but it is a worthy contender for the best electric razor. Why? Apart from the usual single blade, you get an adjustable guided comb, useful for cutting hair. The whole body is made out of premium-grade plastic and features a simple button placed alongside an on/off switch and a charging indicator light. In the package, you also get a charger dock, wall charger, user manual and cleaning brush.
This product is available on Amazon for around $20.
The Verdict - Which Is The Best Electric Razor?
If this is the first time you're buying an electric shaver, then the Philips Norelco Beard and Hair Trimmer BT5210/42 is a solid choice. However, if you are a professional and want to get the best bang out of your buck, then we believe the Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 is the most sensible option. No matter which one you pick, all the entries in this list are great electric shavers.