Just like men, women also grow hair on different parts of their body and we want them to find the best electric shaver for women. Places like legs, underarms, bikini area, forearms and sometimes on their face.
Growth of unwanted hair in women can have many causes, such as genetics, certain medications, high levels of certain hormones and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Whatever the cause is, these unwanted hairs are a threat to a women’s beauty and getting rid of them is the foremost beauty concern for most women. So what is the best method you can adopt to remove these unwanted hair?
Key Features for Best Electric Shaver for Women
- 0.1 Key Features for Best Electric Shaver for Women
- 0.2 Best Electric Shaver for Women: Wet vs Dry Shave
- 0.3 Best-Selling Top Rated Models of Best Electric Shavers for Women
- 1 Panasonic ES2216PC
- 2 Remington WDF-3600
- 3 Panasonic ES2207P
- 4 Butterfly Shaver Pro
- 5 Can Women Use Men’s Shavers?
- 5.1 Incredible Shaving Tips for Women to Try
- 5.2 Final Thoughts on the Best Electric Shaver for Women
Best electric shavers for women come in all shapes and sizes. It is easy to use and is one of the most commonly used hair removal equipment.
Before naming the best electric shavers for women, it is essential for you to know the different types and features of female electric razors. This is to ensure that you are well informed about the various attributes of the product for you.
Best Electric Shaver for Women: Compact and Lightweight Design
Best electric razor for women must be compact and lightweight. This makes the shaver portable.This is because women like to carry their items along with them, especially when it comes to beauty.
So if you are planning on a trip or vacation, you will be able to carry the shaver with uttermost ease.
Best Electric Shaver for Women: Wet or Dry Use
The best electric razors for ladies can work both on wet and dry surface. You can choose to shave while you are taking a bath using gel, soap or lotion.
You can also shave after taking a bath, when you can go for dry shaving.
Best Electric Shaver for Women: Foil or Rotary
Rotary Shavers – these shavers have circular cutters on the head and has to be moved on rotational motion all over the skin. They do not have a protective foil, but instead have a rotating head that pulls hair into the blades of the shaver. We could only find one rotary shaver specifically designed for women – the ButterFly Shaver Pro.
Foil Shavers – the most common type of female shavers – these contain various blades that can move backward and forward. The blades are positioned under the thin mesh oil. When the electric shaver is brought close to your skin and moved across on it, the undesirable hairs will stick through the mesh and the blade of the shaver will cut it. There are 1 foil and 2 foil shavers for females.
Best Electric Shaver for Women: Detachable or Additional Bikini Trimmer
A good shaver should also have a detachable or additional bikini trimmer.
Sometimes it can be difficult to reach certain parts of the body may be because you are not very adaptable or have shorter arms.
So these extensions can help you to reach your distant parts and trim your bikini area without causing razor burn.
We like this one:
- WATERPROOF, ELECTRIC TRIMMER: Suitable for dry use, in bath and under the shower with anti-slip grip...
- SAFE, ON-THE-GO TOUCH UPS: Say Brow-bye to your old eyebrow razor and bikini razor! Veet's portable...
- MULTI-PURPOSE BEAUTY TOOL: 7 accessories + beauty bag. Designed to fit easily into a beauty kit for...
Best Electric Shaver for Women: Wet vs Dry Shave
- Ensures a close, smooth shave
- Can be used in the shower or after taking a shower
- Some shavers can be immersed in water for cleaning purposes
- Wet shaving takes off the top layer of the dead skin and exfoliates the skin and keeps it smooth and healthy
- Dry shaving can be done in a hurry
- Does not produce cuts or razor burns
- Can be time consuming
- Some people feel that using these razors, wet or dry condition, requires practice
- Using inappropriate blades may cause razor burns or cuts
- Dry shaving may sometimes be painful as the skin is not softened
Best-Selling Top Rated Models of Best Electric Shavers for Women
Electric shavers have now become a necessity for females rather than a luxury. Most electronic manufacturers now offer a wide variety of female electric razors.
So if you are eagerly looking for the best shaver to remove your unwanted hair from your legs, underarms, or bikini area, then buy a quality product and make sure you are well aware of all its features.
Following are some best-known electric razors for ladies that can aid you to narrow down your options and help you with the shopping.
Panasonic ES2216PC is a phenomenal electric shaver that will give you a promising result. Its numerous features include:
- It is waterproof. It can be used for wet/dry shaving and can also be used in shower
- Lightweight and portable
- Features the sharpest blades for safe and close shaving
- Contains pop-up trimmer for longer and stray hairs
- Made of Nickel-free Hypo-Allergenic blades and foil that can be used for sensitive skin
- Bikini attachment is included
- It lasts 20 minutes per charge and consists of a compact charger
- Sharp Shaving Blades: Panasonic Close Curves women's electric shaver with four ultra-sharp blades...
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built-in pop-up trimmer with attachment details legs and...
- Flexible Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to...
Remington WDF-3600 is one of the best razors for women you can ever lay your hands on. It is rechargeable and can be used for both wet and dry shaving. Its notable features are:
- Smooth glide trimmer with nano silver which reduces irritation
- Contains bikini trimmer head guard for trimming inside the bikini line
- The blades are Hypo-Allergenic, suitable for sensitive skin
- The bonus trimmer can be used for grooming and detailing eyebrows
- Smooth Glide Technology - The new open-blade cutting system allows for hair and shaving gels to...
- 4-Blade Shaver - The hypoallergenic foils and trimmers move smoothly across the skin and leave no...
- Optimal Angle Head - Shaving blades are positioned so that foils stay flush to the skin for a close,...
Panasonic is well-known for its high quality products and this ES2207P Ladies 3-Blade shaver is an attestation to that.
- 3-Blade system cuts all the hair in a single pass
- Offers wet/dry shaving, so it can be used in or after a shower
- Floating-head shaving system conforms to the shape of your leg and other curves of your body, ensuring comfortable shaving
- Made up of Nickel-free Hypo-Allergenic steel blades for sensitive skin
- Can be fully immersed in water for quick and easy clean-up
- Sharp Shaving Blades: Panasonic Close Curves women's electric shaver with three ultra-sharp blades...
- Flexible Pivoting Heads Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Three independently floating flexible...
- Wet/Dry Shaving Convenience: Wet/dry waterproof shaver allows for convenient shaving in or out of...
Butterfly Shaver Pro
Butterfly Shaver Pro (reviewed in detail HERE) may look like a toy for little girls, but it is an effective shaver for women that is considered the best in the current market.
The inclusion of five rotary cutters provide a unique, yet refreshing, shaving experience. Despite the look, it is safe to use and it does not cause any injuries. It can be used for both dry and wet shaves, and for any parts of the body as well.
Cleaning and maintenance is not an issue for this little thing, as a simple rinse is enough to wash it thoroughly. With a 10,500 RPM motor, the Butterfly Shaver is considered a true pro at its job.
The 110-240 V charge is the reason that it is available internationally, and the overall flexibility this machine provides is unmatched by any other. All in all, this is a great shaver for women, and all respectable ladies should consider trying it out at least once.
Can Women Use Men’s Shavers?
Electric shavers are used by both men and women. Though the difference between them isn’t much, women’s shaving needs are different from those of men’s and require different kind of razors.
Men’s shavers give a clean, close shave that keeps the beard and the mustache trimmed to the length preferred.
On the other hand, women’s shavers offer a close, smooth shave on legs, underarms or even on hard-to-reach areas.
So it is better for women to stick to the lady shavers to avoid cuts, irritations or any form of discomfort but nothing bad will happen if men’s electric razor is occasionally used.
Incredible Shaving Tips for Women to Try
For many women in this day and age, shaving is not something they are doing. More and more women are growing out their armpits and leg hair, and more power to them. This is a sexist notion, and they should not HAVE to live up to this created beauty standard. But for those who do choose to shave, shaving can provide a sense of renewal. For many women, my friends included, shaving their legs and armpits is almost like shedding a layer. It helps them to feel cleaner and stay smelling good for longer. They feel a deep relief, not because they are living up to a beauty standard, but because their personal preference empowers them.
Though shaving can be a wonderful joy for those who choose to do it (hint: the enjoyment a woman gets when she has freshly shaved legs and clean covers, something I as a man have yet to experience), it does need to be kept in mind that shaving can hurt and scar is not done correctly. It can also be an extraordinarily time-consuming endeavor. Here are some well researched (both online and by my friends who are women) tips for shaving that will help you get the job done in a safe and efficient way with your best electric shaver for women (whichever you choose).
1. Always Exfoliate First
Exfoliation is not something that seems to be taught as women grow up, but it is one of the most critical parts of shaving. Exfoliating before shaving is what allows you to get rid of dead skin cells. Most of the time, the reason your razor gets so dirty and gross is because of your dead skin, and it is also what is keeping you from a close shave, no matter how close you think you’re getting. There are so many exfoliants you can DIY at home or brushes you can use to exfoliate your skin before shaving. Don’t skip this step! If you are at a loss as to how you will afford a fancy exfoliant, don’t worry. Something as simple as rubbing some sugar on your legs will exfoliate them. Always go with the at-home, cheaper option!
2. Dispose of Your Disposable Razors
Many women love disposable razors. They are cheap, work well, and get in the areas you need them to easy. They also give you a smooth and close shave because the blade is always new. That is, of course, if you are actually disposing of your disposable razors. The golden rule is to use a new one and dispose of the old one after three times of using it. That’s about enough razors for a week’s worth of saving. Thankfully, you can buy a packet with a ton! Remember that the purpose of disposable razors is to have a new one regularly. Keeping one for too long means dull blades which mean bad shaves and a much higher risk of nicks, it also means trapped hair, dead skin, and possible rusting.
3. Replace Shaving Cream with Conditioner
This next one is a hack that I heard over and over again as I did research. Here is a retelling of a story from a friend: You can use a conditioner in the place of shaving cream! Sometimes you just run out of shaving cream and find yourself in a difficult situation. You know that body lotion will dry out your skin and it’s not thick enough to protect the skin, but you also know that there are no alternatives. Then, aha! You test out conditioner, and it changes how you shave forever.
This happened to me and I never went back. Now, I just buy a cheap conditioner and use that bottle as my shaving cream. It lasts so much longer and cuts the bill down significantly. If you look on the back of shaving creams, many of them are made with alcohol, which actually dries out your skin more. Conditioner coats the skin and lotions it in a way. Don’t knock it till you try it, and cut down on that unnecessary purchase. If nothing else, use this when you’re in a bind and your hair is already full of shampoo so there’s no other option.
4. DIY Wherever You Can
Just as is true with your exfoliant, there are other natural and common household products that you can use instead of conditioner and shaving cream to treat your body well and save money. You can create DIY shaving creams! Ingredients like essential oils of your choice, coconut oil, or shea butter will do the trick, mixed or by themselves.
5. Shave Upward, Then Downward
Here is one that is taught, but actually learned by much trial and error. Start by shaving up, then shaving down. It is something so simple: shave with the grain. But many women think it’s a waste of time, that is until they accidentally cut themselves. This is a step that is skipped over often, but you may want to stop skipping it. If your skin is not sensitive, more power to you to shave against the hair. But if you do have sensitive skin, downward than upward is key. After integrating this extra step into their routine, many women realize that they actually don’t need to shave upward to have hairless legs and a close shave, and they just stick with downward on its own. This is best done with your best electric shaver for women.
6. Men’s Razors Give a Closer Shave
Many women reported that men’s razors actually give them a cleaner, smoother, closer shave. This does not mean ignore the woman’s razors on this list and just get men’s. This rule mostly applies to disposable razors. But once women realize this fact, it is hard for many to go back.
7. Use Safe, Slow, Intentional Strokes
The best way to shave is by using short, intentional, slow strokes. Remember, this is a series of blades that are gliding over your very vulnerable skin. When you are going over knees, ankles, inside of the leg and thighs, and any other easy to cut area, it is important to go slow. Once you get into the groove of shaving, you just want to be in and out. But remember, it is never worth hurting yourself in order to save a few seconds!
Final Thoughts on the Best Electric Shaver for Women
There are several ways by which you can remove those undesirable hairs and make your skin as smooth as silk. It includes shaving, waxing, laser hair removal, depilatory creams, epilator, electrolysis and a whole lot more. But if you are busy, have a tight budget and cannot manage those salon or doctor’s appointments, then finding the best electric shaver for women is a good option.