Just like men, women also grow hair on different parts of their body, like legs, underarms, bikini area, forearms and sometimes on their face.
Growth of unwanted hair in women can have many causes, such as genetics, certain medications, high levels of certain hormones and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Whatever the cause is, these unwanted hairs are a threat to a women’s beauty and getting rid of them is the foremost beauty concern for most women. So what is the best method you can adopt to remove these unwanted hair?
There are several ways by which you can remove those undesirable hairs and make your skin as smooth as silk. It includes shaving, waxing, laser hair removal, depilatory creams, epilator, electrolysis and a whole lot more. But if you are busy, have a tight budget and cannot manage those salon or doctor’s appointments, then finding the best electric shaver for women is a good option.
- 1 Key Features
- 2 Wet vs Dry Shave
- 3 Best-Selling Top Rated Models
- 4 Can Women Use Men’s Shavers?
Electric shavers for ladies come in all shapes and sizes. It is easy to use and is one of the most commonly used hair removal equipment.
Before naming the best electric shavers for women, it is essential for you to know the different types and features of female electric razors. This is to ensure that you are well informed about the various attributes of the product for you.
Compact and Lightweight Design
Best electric razor for women must be compact and lightweight. This makes the shaver portable.This is because women like to carry their items along with them, especially when it comes to beauty.
So if you are planning on a trip or vacation, you will be able to carry the shaver with uttermost ease.
Wet or Dry Use
The best electric razors for ladies can work both on wet and dry surface. You can choose to shave while you are taking a bath using gel, soap or lotion.
You can also shave after taking a bath, when you can go for dry shaving.
Foil or Rotary
Rotary Shavers – these shavers have circular cutters on the head and has to be moved on rotational motion all over the skin. They do not have a protective foil, but instead have a rotating head that pulls hair into the blades of the shaver. We could only find one rotary shaver specifically designed for women – the ButterFly Shaver Pro.
Foil Shavers – the most common type of female shavers – these contain various blades that can move backward and forward. The blades are positioned under the thin mesh oil. When the electric shaver is brought close to your skin and moved across on it, the undesirable hairs will stick through the mesh and the blade of the shaver will cut it. There are 1 foil and 2 foil shavers for females.
Detachable or Additional Bikini Trimmer
A good shaver should also have a detachable or additional bikini trimmer.
Sometimes it can be difficult to reach certain parts of the body may be because you are not very adaptable or have shorter arms.
So these extensions can help you to reach your distant parts and trim your bikini area without causing razor burn.
Wet vs Dry Shave
- Ensures a close, smooth shave
- Can be used in the shower or after taking a shower
- Some shavers can be immersed in water for cleaning purposes
- Wet shaving takes off the top layer of the dead skin and exfoliates the skin and keeps it smooth and healthy
- Dry shaving can be done in a hurry
- Does not produce cuts or razor burns
- Can be time consuming
- Some people feel that using these razors, wet or dry condition, requires practice
- Using inappropriate blades may cause razor burns or cuts
- Dry shaving may sometimes be painful as the skin is not softened
Best-Selling Top Rated Models
Electric shavers have now become a necessity for females rather than a luxury. Most electronic manufacturers now offer a wide variety of female electric razors.
So if you are eagerly looking for the best shaver to remove your unwanted hair from your legs, underarms, or bikini area, then buy a quality product and make sure you are well aware of all its features.
Following are some best-known electric razors for ladies that can aid you to narrow down your options and help you with the shopping.
- It is waterproof. It can be used for wet/dry shaving and can also be used in shower
- Lightweight and portable
- Features the sharpest blades for safe and close shaving
- Contains pop-up trimmer for longer and stray hairs
- Made of Nickel-free Hypo-Allergenic blades and foil that can be used for sensitive skin
- Bikini attachment is included
- It lasts 20 minutes per charge and consists of a compact charger
- Smooth glide trimmer with nano silver which reduces irritation
- Contains bikini trimmer head guard for trimming inside the bikini line
- The blades are Hypo-Allergenic, suitable for sensitive skin
- The bonus trimmer can be used for grooming and detailing eyebrows
- 3-Blade system cuts all the hair in a single pass
- Offers wet/dry shaving, so it can be used in or after a shower
- Floating-head shaving system conforms to the shape of your leg and other curves of your body, ensuring comfortable shaving
- Made up of Nickel-free Hypo-Allergenic steel blades for sensitive skin
- Can be fully immersed in water for quick and easy clean-up
Butterfly Shaver Pro
The inclusion of five rotary cutters provide a unique, yet refreshing, shaving experience. Despite the look, it is safe to use and it does not cause any injuries. It can be used for both dry and wet shaves, and for any parts of the body as well.
Cleaning and maintenance is not an issue for this little thing, as a simple rinse is enough to wash it thoroughly. With a 10,500 RPM motor, the Butterfly Shaver is considered a true pro at its job.
The 110-240 V charge is the reason that it is available internationally, and the overall flexibility this machine provides is unmatched by any other. All in all, this is a great shaver for women, and all respectable ladies should consider trying it out at least once.
Can Women Use Men’s Shavers?
Electric shavers are used by both men and women. Though the difference between them isn’t much, women’s shaving needs are different from those of men’s and require different kind of razors.
Men’s shavers give a clean, close shave that keeps the beard and the mustache trimmed to the length preferred.
On the other hand, women’s shavers offer a close, smooth shave on legs, underarms or even on hard-to-reach areas.
So it is better for women to stick to the lady shavers to avoid cuts, irritations or any form of discomfort but nothing bad will happen if men’s electric razor is occasionally used.