Another great shaver from the top notch company Philips, the Philips Norelco S9721/87 is one of the high class electric shavers out there in the market and it does prove to be worth looking at.
In the subsequent Philips Norelco 9700 shaver review I will be discussing the various features, pros and cons of this shaver.
I will also give you my personal opinion on whether or not it deserves to fulfill your everyday shaving needs.
The Norelco S9721 razor has so many features under its sleeves that you will be just amazed. They are as follows:
- Unlike the other typical electric shavers, it comes with 3 shaving heads.
- As the 3 shaving heads can move freely in 8 directions, the shaver can move over the various curves on the face with ease.
- It features 3 speed levels, allowing the shaving heads to trim according to your preferred motion: slow, moderate and fast.
- It comes with the Smart Clean Pro system, a device where you put the shaver after shaving and it automatically cleans, dries, lubricates and charges up, only at a press of a button.
- It also has a digital interface which accurately shows the amount of charge, indicates low power and cleaning time.
- You can either shave with it while dry or just use shaving foam.
- The long backup hours are provided by the lithium-ion battery.
- The travel case allows one to carry it easily to anywhere.
The 9700 series shaver has many advantages that make it one of the best.
A very cleaner and smoother shave is provided because the shaving heads are freely able to move in 8 different directions over the numerous curves on the face. During the process, it is able to collect 20 percent more facial hair.
30 percent closer shaves are available using this electric razor, and it produces the least amount of sound while operating compared to competitors or previous generation SensoTouch 3D shavers.
There is no need to worry about the grooming of the shaver after use because of Smart Clean Pro shaver cleaning system that does the work for you. So you are saving your time there.
It does not take very long to charge. With one full charge, you can carry out numerous periods of shaves before you have to plug it up again.
The shaver has a very fine build, quality and color, and provides a very firm grip while shaving.
On the other hand, the Norelco S9721/87 razor does have a few cons that might make you think twice about purchasing it.
(click here to see the current price on Amazon) A bucket lot more than its contemporaries. You have to pay a lot more extra and for this reason many would be trimming this off their lists.
You can only carry the shaver in the carrying case, and not the other accessories which come with it, such as the power cord or the cleaning cradle.
It is undoubtedly good shaver.
If you really want to buy this, but are stepping back due to the mammoth price tag, it is better if you go for the Philips Norelco S9311/84 (9300 Series). Get all the important features except one – the 9300 model does not feature the Smart Clean Pro system.